Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

This 4th of July was fun! I'll have to admit though, it's not as good as 4th of July's in Provo. :-) Since Steve had to work, I spent the day with my roommate Erika & a sister in our ward named Leanne. We went to the local parade, ate lunch at the local Potbelly, took a sight seeing tour around the lakes in Minneapolis, went to the Taste of Minnesota carnival in St. Paul, went swimming at the pool, had a BBQ, & went back to St. Paul to watch the fireworks over the Mississippi River. I even decked out with patriotic apparel.
It was awesome!

Here's me, Erika & Leanne at the parade. I must admit that the parade was a bit disappointing. They only had ONE float, there was no horses, no free candy, & no cool motorcycle guys. There was a lot of local political campaigning going on though. I must have seen a dozen or more groups. But none the less, we had fun!

Here's my decked out shoes & painted nails! (I think I had a little too much fun! :-) )

Lunch at Potbelly-Erika & I shared a delicious strawberry shake

The largest lake in Minneapolis
We so wished we had our swim suits on!

A pretty lake view of Minneapolis

The Mississippi River! This is in downtown St. Paul.
To the left of the picture you can see the Taste of Minnesota Carnival.

Taste of Minnesota
There were lots of vendors, food, rides, games, & concerts.

Stevie & me at the BBQ in our patriotic apparel.
The shirt he's wearing is actually from Chile-but it works perfect for America too. :-)

This is the group that went to St. Paul to watch the fireworks. (Todd, Brandon, Nate, Steve, Me, Justin, Jeff, Franklin, Jorge, Justin & Barry) I was the only girl among a dozen boys. And they were glad I was there because I gave them all glow sticks. :-) They're way fun to have around!

So in love while watching the fireworks.
It was actually an amazing firework show-the best I've seen yet! :-)

0 comments: