Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's a Boy!

We had our ultrasound on Feb 18. It was a very special day. Steve loved being able to see our little guy move around. It was amazing how much the technician knew about what was what. It was mind boggling. When the technician asked us if we wanted to know the gender she had us tell her what we thought it was. We both told her we thought it would be a boy.... About 10 seconds later and after some jiggling around to get him to move his legs down so we could see-she told us our prediction was right! We weren't surprised and I didn't have to ask if she was sure. :-) We were able to get a video and some pictures of the ultrasound which are very fascinating and we've watched several times. Here's some pictures...

scratching his head

profile

"I see you"

thigh bone

his cute little foot

It's a boy!

At this point, I had been feeling him move around for a few weeks. It felt like little butterflies or air bubbles. Then on Feb 23 Steve and I were laying in bed watching ESPN when all the sudden WAM! he totally kicked (or punched-I can't tell the difference) me right in the stomach below my belly button. It was a new distinct feeling and I got so excited that we sat there and watched my belly for a while. We could see my belly quickly move up and down whenever he kicked me. Now I can feel him kick all the time. I've even seen and felt him in two different spots at the same time. Steve's glad he can finally feel & see him too. It's a fun experience! He's our little kicker. (and it seems he likes to stay up late too cuz he gets really active around 10:30 every night or after I eat sweets) :-) You gotta love him!

My belly has started to pock out more. I carry him more low and wide so I guess it's not pocking straight out. But it's hard feeling so fat and immovable. It's amazing how hard it is for me to move around especially after sitting or laying down. It's quite entertaining actually. My students have started to make comments like, "you really are having a baby" and a few of them like to say, "goodbye baby" whenever they leave class. They've also suggested that I name him Bucko Hippo and other various names that are their brothers names. :-)

Here's some fun facts about my current pregnancy statis... I have to wear maternity clothes all the time now. I can't sleep as well anymore cuz I just can't seem to get comfortable and I always have to get up to go pee in the middle of the night. It was even to the point that Steve and I would sleep on opposite edges of the bed so I'd stop waking him up. My belly button is slowly disapearing. I crave sweets (mostly cookies) all the time now instead of nachos and eggs & hashbrowns. My fingers are swoolen to the point that I can't wear my wedding ring-I wear a fake one. :-) Fun times!

And... after many discussions and rambling off lists, I think we've finally decided on a name....
Cooper Jaxson Scholle

3 comments:

J N H said...

YAY! And oh, the joys of pregnancy. You're almost done! How exciting, and I really like the name Cooper! Nice choice~ good luck with the rest of your pregnancy hope to see you before he comes :) I would go get in a swim pool if I were you, you feel weightless and it helps with swelling :) Just a suggestion

Cassie said...

Its about time Jess! I'm glad that Steve can see the little guy move now! Its so fun! Have you tried putting a pillow in between your legs at night? Sometimes that helps you get semi-comfortable... a body pillow. Also drink lots of water! It helps your body not retain so much,I was still swollen though. Cant wait to see the little guy!

Jan said...

I think the kicking is so fun. I really love it (until I am 8 months pregnant). It's great to be able to share it with your husband. There really is a baby in there. Soon he will be here and you won't remember what you life was like without him. Hope you see you soon :)