Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

I celebrated my 24th birthday on Wednesday! It was a very busy but great day spent with little 4-year-olds and my family. I started the celebrations with an extended family cake and ice cream party Sunday night. At work on Wednesday, a few of my students gave me gifts-flowers, candy, lotion, and birthday hugs. Then Cooper and Steve brought me lunch, a Twix, and balloons. After work, we ate dinner at Ruby River then enjoyed the rest of the evening mini golfing at Trafalga. Cooper had a blast golfing and shooting the balls in the arcade. I was surprised at how strenuous golfing was for me. I had to ask Steve and my dad to pick up and place my golf ball for me. I just wasn't liking having to bend over every few minutes. Who ever knew golfing would be so tiring for a prego lady? :-) None the less, it was a blast and my mom and sister surprised me with a gift to go get my hair done. Yeah! Thanks everyone for a special day.

 The delicious chocolate Costco cake for my family party!




Cooper enjoying another delicious chocolate cake with strawberry filling that my cousin Brittni made for me Monday night because she missed the Sunday night party.

After Cooper (and mom) enjoyed the cake to its fullest :-)

The Ruby River Clan

Coop enjoying mini golfing at Trafalga!
I was surprised at how fast he caught on. He loved putting his ball right next to the hole and taping it in over and over again then he'd cheer for himself. It was so cute. He even insisted on having the yellow club even though there was a pink one that was much smaller. :-)
He also thought he'd cheat the system and walk his ball up to the house multiple times. :-) We had a hard time getting him to go on to the next hole after he discovered this one.

Shootin' hoops in the arcade
He even got a soft football from all the tickets we won

 A very intense race! :-)

The lovely balloons that Cooper picked out for me-the birthday one sings when you tap it. And some beautiful flowers from one of my students.

0 comments: