Monday, March 7, 2011

The Still Small Voice/"Uh Oh!"

It seems the past few months I've noticed times when I haven't acted on the 'still small voice' quick enough. One of which occurred the day before yesterday and it resulted in this...

Cooper was playing with a solid metal magnetic ball the size of a golf ball and was amused by throwing it at the fridge and the oven drawer to see it stick to it. As he was doing this, I was sitting at the kitchen table eating my lunch and I thought to myself, "If he chucks that at the glass part of the door it's going to break." Sure enough, as soon as I get up out of my chair to stop him, he chucks it right at the glass, and the glass shatters! He just stood there with a shocked look on his face and said, "Uh Oh!" over and over again. Luckily, he didn't get hurt and he did a pretty good job of staying out of the kitchen while I spent the next hour cleaning it up. Oh, the joys of being a mom. Or should I say, of having a boy? :-)  I still love you my little Cooper!

And I was still able to use the oven to cook dinner the next day! The door just got really hot. Hopefully we'll be able to replace the glass for cheap so we don't have to fork out the money for a new oven.

Another 'still small voice' incidence includes the time when we drove all the way to the BYU library and back twice because I didn't actually ask Steve if he brought his library book with him. I was thinking it though.

0 comments: